Learning Through Play
Play is the best way for children to learn. It is effective learning strategy to address children’s development.
4 Types of Play
1. Functional Play Gross and fine motor skills of the limb, also the hand-eye coordination can be developed through climbing, throwing, or kicking.
2.Creative Play Sand, water, playdough or paper can be used as the materials for the student to create their own item.
3.Imaginative Play Children are engaging in role-play through imagination, Different objects and toys can help them to throw into the role. For example, playing as a cashier in supermarket lets them to communicate with others and learning simple mathematic concepts.
4.Constructive Play By using blocks or toys to build the bridge or house with other children or by themselves The Roles of Teachers Teachers are playing different roles in the play, not only a provider who arrange the materials, places, and time for play, but also the participants and inspirers at the same time. Participation of the teachers in play enhance enjoyableness and effectiveness of play. Besides, teachers are observers and interveners of the play. They should solve problems for children in play appropriately and observe the performance of children in the play to analyse children’s progress in learning during play.
Founded in 1999 and organised by the Hong Kong Methodist Church, Tseung Kwan O Methodist Kindergarten is a government funded non-profit kindergarten. The Church operates of 8 government funded secondary schools, 11 primary schools, and 12 kindergartens and nurseries. Tseung Kwan O Methodist Primary School located next to Bauhinia Garden also serves the community through offering quality education.
Develop whole-person education based on Christian principles; Nurture wholesome life through preaching of the gospel.
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6(NIV)
We are committed to
1. Foster children’s emotional development and help them establish good living habits and virtues.
2. Nurture good learning attitude in children, through games or activities. Help them to learn to communicate with others and use their mother tongue proficiently. Inspire their curiosity and inquisitiveness, and develop their potential.
3. Foster the healthy growth of children physically, psychologically and spiritually; as well as their development of self-confidence and self-concept.
4. Through activities, we educate children to understand and observe rules, learn to be polite, patient, caring for others and willing to share.
5. Cultivate children to appreciate themselves and their surroundings. Encourage them to use their imagination and express their feelings, as well as develop their creative thinking potential.
6. Inspire children to understand the mysteries of the universe, the wonderfulness and love of the Creator, and establish a close and personal relationship with the Lord; so that they can continue to pursue the truth of the Lord in the future.
（Virtual tour->Click here）
Site area：7000 sq.ft Faculties & equipment: Our campus is built according to prevailing standards. With a three-wing structure, our campus is spacious and provides a pleasant environment designed by professional designers. We have 6 classrooms, including a school hall, an activity room, a reading room, and a gaming room. Each classroom has hot and cold air-conditioning, and is equipped with a computer for teaching and learning.
All our teachers are professionally trained with years of teaching experience. Number of teaching staff：16
|Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree above in Early Childhood Education or above
|Holder of a Certificate in Early Childhood Education
Class Structure & School Hours
No. of permitted accommodation of the entire school：282 No. of students：27-30 students per class Class structure：Morning, afternoon and whole-day class —— K1, K2 & K3 No. of school day：5 days per week Morning class：9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. Whole-day class：9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We provide school bus service for our students. Fees for the service are charged according to area.
Tuition & Snack Fees
We have joined the Free Quality Kindergarten Education Scheme. The tuition fees are approved by the Education Bureau.
Please refer to the following details below.
Half-day class Tuition：Free Textbook and miscellaneous fees：$600 per semester
Snack fees：$1000 per year
Whole-day class Tuition：$11040 per year, to be paid in 10 monthly installments.
Textbook and miscellaneous fees：$600 per semester
Snack fees：$1000 per year Meal fees：$3780 per year
Communication with Parents
1. Hold parents’ talks and meetings, regular interviews with parents to strengthen communication between the school and parents.
2. Encourage parents to participate in various activities held by the school, such as students’ assembly, parent-child trips, sharing of life experiences, school activities, assisting in the production of teaching materials.
3. Parents’ viewing activities are regularly held so that parents can understand their children’s learning.
4. Regularly hold parent groups and seminars to establish parent networks and belief sharing.